Imagine America High School Scholarships
- What are the criteria?
- What is the deadline?
- How do I apply?
- What if my high school is not listed?
- What if the counselor listed is not my counselor?
- How do I change or update the information on my application?
- Can I still apply if I am home schooled?
- What colleges participate?
Only graduating high school seniors or recent high school graduates who meet the following recommended guidelines should apply:
- Likelihood of successful completion of postsecondary education
- High school grade point average of 2.5 or greater
- Financial need
- Demonstrated voluntary community service during senior year
Recent high school graduates have until December 31 to apply. High school graduates of the next year can start applying on January 1.
- To apply for an Imagine America Scholarship, you must become an Imagine America member at www.iafportal.org.
- Click the “Create an Account” button to have access to our scholarships. Select the option (student, alumnus/alumna or job seeker) that applies to you. Follow the screen prompts to access your profile.
- After creating your account, you will then be prompted to fill out your profile. You MUST fill out your profile before applying for a scholarship. If your high school is not listed, you may add the high school by filling out the information as prompted.
- Once you have completed your profile, search for scholarships by using the “Scholarship Program” and “State” filters.
- Review and apply for your scholarship. Make sure to watch the entire Financial Planning Made Simple (FPMS) video. Scholarship applications can only be approved if the applicant has viewed the FPMS video from start to finish.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, check your application status by clicking on the “My Applications” tab on the left navigation bar.
If your high school is not listed, you will need to ask your guidance counselor to create an account for your high school before applying. The counselor can do so at www.iafportal.org.
Please allow up to 48 business hours (two full business days) for the information to appear online so that you may complete your profile. Once the information submitted has been verified and added to our records, you may log back in at www.iafportal.orgto complete your profile.
You may add your guidance counselor on your application by filling out the required fields in your profile. Or your counselor can create an account with us on their own at www.iafportal.org.
You may change or update your information by logging in to your account at www.iafportal.org. Once logged in, select “My Profile.” You will be able to edit your information here.
Yes, however homeschooled or GED students will need to provide an alternate organization and contact for reference. The organization should be licensed, incorporated or otherwise verifiable.
Examples of alternate contacts include
- Local Home-School Association Member
- Local High School Representative
- GED Test Center Representative
- Youth Activities Group Leader
- Minister/Religious School Leader
The representative from the organization should submit the following information to email@example.com
- Representative’s Name & Title\Position,
- Name of Organization,
- Organization’s Mailing Address (including city, state & zip)
- Organization’s Telephone Number,
- Representative’s Telephone number (if different), and
- Representative’s email address (preferably at organization if available)
This information can also be submitted online via the following link: http://www.imagine-america.org/enroll-updateschoolinformation
More than 550 career colleges nationwide and in Puerto Rico participate in the Imagine America High School Scholarship Program. Search for a college here.