Adult Skills Education Program (ASEP)
Prospective enrolling Imagine America ASEP students who are applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Be enrolling in a participating college
- Meet eligibility requirements of the college
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma, GED or pass an Ability to Benefit test
- Not be a previous recipient of any other Imagine America Foundation scholarships/awards
- Complete the NCCT Educational Success Potential Assessment
Dec. 31. ASEP begins on January 1 of each calendar year. We recommend you apply three months before you enroll or start college.
- To apply for an Imagine America scholarship, you must become an Imagine America member at www.iafportal.org.
- Click the “Create an Account” button to have access to our scholarships. Select the option (student, alumnus/alumna or job seeker) that applies to you. Follow the screen prompts to access your profile.
- After creating your account, you will then be prompted to fill out your profile. You MUST fill out your profile before applying for a scholarship.
- Once you have completed your profile, search for scholarships using the “Scholarship Program” and “State” filters.
- Review and apply for your scholarship. Complete the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Student Success Assessment.
- Make sure to watch the entire Financial Planning Made Simple (FPMS) video. Scholarship applications can only be approved if the applicant has viewed the FPMS video from start to finish.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, check your application status by clicking on the “My Applications” tab on the left navigation bar.
All Imagine America applicants will need to complete the Financial Planning Made Simple video tutorial to receive your award letter and certificate.